It’s time again for us to come together again to learn and share with each other! SWIF will be hosting a training for fund partners on Tuesday, Oct. 29, at Prairie’s Edge Casino in Granite Falls. An inspiring and motivational day is planned with a strong focus on planned gifts. This will be a great opportunity for your board members to learn how you can grow your funds through wills, bequest and assets other than cash. More details and registration information will be forthcoming, but here’s a sneak peek at what to expect:
- 10-10:15 a.m. Welcome and Introductions
- 10:15-11:30 a.m. “Uncovering Your Opportunity” with Dana Holt, creator of Turning Wealth into what Matters
- 11:30-11:45 a.m. Breaking the Ice
- 11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m. “Adding Value: The Importance Of A Growth Mindset” with lunch speaker Mike Kutzke
- 12:45-1:30 p.m. Break
- 1:30-1:40 p.m. Planned Giving panel discussion with Cynthia Huse, Rob Saunders and Liz Cheney
- 1:40-2:45 p.m. Breakout Sessions
Gifts of Agricultural Assets/New Board Member Orientation/Facilitated peer networking
- 2:45-3 p.m. 20-year anniversary celebration and closing
This is required event for fund partners, and I hope each advisory board will have as many board members as possible in attendance. Thank you in advance for making attendance at this event a priority for your board!
Fund Partner Training
Date: October 29, 2019
Location: Prairie’s Edge Casino, Granite Falls
Time: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., with lunch served
About the Author: Jeff Vetsch serves as Community Philanthropy Officer at Southwest Initiative Foundation.