We help you support the people, places and causes you care about most, both today and tomorrow.
Your generous spirit makes southwest Minnesota a place like none other. Whatever means the most to you, we can help you support it, and take the guesswork out of giving.
Make a Positive Impact Today
Leave a Lasting Legacy
Maximize Tax Benefits
When it comes to giving, it’s important to have information you need. Often potential donors have questions like …
- How do I find a trusted partner to make sure my financial gift goes to a worthy cause and is invested with care?
- What options are available for supporting local causes in my community?
- How can I make a charitable gift that also provides tax benefits?
- Which types of assets make the best large or planned gifts?
- Who handles the administrative process and costs associated with a gift?
- Estate planning seems complicated and expensive. How can I even start?
Giving doesn’t have to be complicated.
The Southwest Initiative Foundation team works to connect you with the causes you care about in southwest Minnesota. Together, we’ve got the resources to do good things for southwest Minnesota. Southwest Initiative Foundation provides:
- A public charity and 501(c)(3) status that means gifts are tax deductible
- Options to support your community or local causes close to home
- Professional staff and a variety of tools that help you make the impact you want
- Support for you, your financial advisor or both
- Administrative processing of gifts and grants, simplifying your giving
3 Ways to Give
Your gift helps us organize and support community leaders, invest in businesses, support local charities, help organizations grow and improve, process gifts and grants and promote our region.
Planning ahead is critical to protecting who you love and what you care about. Whether it’s a gift of farmland or access to free estate planning tools, we’re here to help.
Community Foundations and Donor Services
We can help you figure out who to connect with and how to make a difference where you live through our local community foundation and designated fund program.
3 Steps to Making a Difference
Make your gift today.
Support our mission of connecting people, investing in ideas and building communities in southwest Minnesota. Or, give to a community foundation or local fund to support the causes you care about close to home.
Create a giving plan, for a gift now or in the future.
Professional staff have a variety of tools to help you make the impact you want. Together, we’ll help you support the causes you love or work hand-in-hand with you, your financial advisor (or both) to create a rock-solid plan for your giving.
Celebrate your generosity!
You can have peace of mind knowing that your gift is helping build a stronger southwest Minnesota. Supporters like you make our communities and region such a special place. Thank you!
What Our Donors Are Saying…
“SWIF supports people who need it and is also an economic engine. SWIF strives to pour good in the southwest part of the state and serves that need to stimulate growth.”
Dan & Marie LaRock, Growing Home Circle Members (Hills)
“It’s so fun to enhance the school and make a difference. SWIF helped us do that by supplying the 501(c)(3) side of it, which was very important. It’s a very good partnership.”
John Bornhoft, RTR Educational Foundation (Russell, Tyler, Ruthton)