Businesses re-opening under new COVID-19 safety guidelines have a lot to manage. We partnered with the Willmar Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce, Worthington Chamber of Commerce and Marshall Area Chamber of Commerce to put together short videos that highlight the main safety guidelines restaurants must follow as they open to the public.
The videos are available in English, Spanish, Somali and Karen languages to help our many diverse southwest Minnesota restaurants access important information. We hope they are helpful for training staff about current operations to keep both employees and customers safe.
Please share with businesses in your community!
Important update to these videos about the number of people allowed in Minnesota restaurants:
Beginning June 10, 2020, restaurants can operate at 50 percent capacity.
- This includes indoor and outdoor seating.
- No more than 250 people are allowed in a confined space.
- Social distancing guidelines still apply.
- Reservations are required.
- Find the complete set of Minnesota Department of Labor guidelines for re-opening businesses
- All businesses re-opening to the public must have a COVID-19 Preparedness Plan: Download a template and instructions.
Video information was provided based on information from the Minnesota Dept. of Employment and Economic Development for reopening guidance effective June 1.
A special thanks to Ivan Parga of Worthington and Hsa, Naw Pen, Abdirizak Mahboub and Dave Baker of Willmar for sharing information. Thanks to Tyler Gehrking and TEN17 Media for producing these videos.