If we’re talking temperatures, our first week of January seemed more like the first week of March here in southwest Minnesota. I’ve heard mixed reviews about our winter so far. It’s been so much easier for us to travel throughout the region. It’s also made my long walks with my new standard poodle puppy, Lilly, very nice without either of us getting too cold!
But I know many people are more than ready to see snow and get going with the outdoor activities that it brings. So much is affected by this mild, dry weather—from leisure time, to businesses, and even thinking ahead to the spring planting season. This winter is filled with CHANGE that impacts many people in many different ways.
There are more changes to come in 2012, but I believe it is going to be a great year for SWIF and all of our friends and partners!
Five things I’m excited about in the New Year:
- Plans for new staff at the Foundation to help us raise the bar on our technology and data base management and a new leader in donor development.
- Kicking off a new brand promise that has unlimited possibilities!
- Being on the Council on Foundation Board of Directors as we conduct a search and hire a new President to take our field forward at the National level.
- Engaging and adding new communities in our early childhood and community foundation work.
- Meeting new leaders and donors who want to make a difference in southwest Minnesota AND of course, staying connected with all our relationships of leaders and donors.
What’s at the top of your list for 2012? Leave a comment to share what you are excited about.