We asked current and former members of our Board of Directors, staff and partners to share what they think is the best Southwest Initiative Foundation (SWIF) story ever. Their responses led to a video highlighting four incredible examples of the impact SWIF has throughout our rural region.
Thank you to the very special southwest Minnesotans who shared their stories for this project:
- Warren Herried Sr., Luverne – WWII Veteran who participated in an Honor Flight Southwest Minnesota
- Terrie Gulden, Luverne – Honor Flight Southwest Minnesota President, Vietnam Veteran
- Delbert Bridge, Willmar, and son Gary Bridge, Spicer – WWII Veteran and Guardian who participated in an Honor Flight Southwest Minnesota
- Harlan and Jerri Palm, Grove City – Entrepreneurs, employed thousands and brought the Bobcat Company to our region, and Growing Home Circle donors who support SWIF’s General Endowment
- Janelle Johnson, Litchfield – Palms’ daughter and CFO of Towmaster, second-generation regional business leader
- Ken Anderson, Buffalo Lake – Buffalo Lake-Hector-Stewart School Foundation founder, SWIF donor, retired teacher, former mayor
- Carlotta and John Eischens, Olivia – Christian Community Outreach Center founders, owners of Master’s Coffee Shop, community leaders
This video makes a great presentation for civic/service clubs, businesses or other organizations. Contact Nancy Kaping at [email protected] if you’d like a staff or board member to visit your group.