Give to the Max Day Campaign
Key Activities and Timeframe
September – GET READY…
- This would be the time to come up with anything fun/special in terms of the campaign design…because you’ll want to include this in all campaign messaging (for example, the first year Habitat participated in Give to the Max Day (GTMD), three prizes were donated and winners were drawn from the list of donors – one prize was dinner with the Executive Director); and/or consider securing a challenge grant from a local donor
- Update/refresh the general information at Habitat’s online giving page at www.givemn.org (statistics, photos, message, etc.)
- Include “save the date” messaging in upcoming e-mail blasts, add information to staff e-mail signature lines, post several times to Facebook page, etc. (start this after Women’s Build event is over)
- Ensure the link to Habitat’s GiveMN.org page is on the home page of Habitat’s general website and on the Facebook page in the ‘About Us’ section
October – GET SET…
- Include an ad or message in the printed newsletter and e-newsletter
- Include “save the date” messaging in e-mail blasts, staff e-mail signature lines, Facebook page, etc.
- Keep all other Facebook messaging limited to Give to the Max Day messages starting in mid-October
- Draft your e-mail messages for the campaign: *One e-mail for past donors; *One e-mail for full e-mail list; *The message can be similar, but the one to past donors should be targeted and customized (last year, you gave $xxx on Give to the Max Day…)
- Draft your thank-you messages for the campaign: One for donors that participate, One to full e-mail list as a report on campaign success
November – GO!
- Keep GTMD date and message in front of our audience via staff e-mail signature lines and Facebook posts every few days – build the excitement!
- Keep all other Facebook messaging limited to Give to the Max Day messages
- On or around Nov. 1, send your e-mails: *One to past donors, send individually so that you can customize the message and ask; *One to the full e-mail list (after removing past donors, so they don’t get two e-mails.
- The day before Give to the Max Day (and preferably in the morning), send a reminder e-mail to the full e-mail list (this can be generic)
- On Give to the Max Day: *Early morning Facebook post (another reminder); *Check www.givemn.org often for general news (and winners in the various categories); log into Habitat’s account to track gifts coming in; *Post numbers, donors (names, but not specific dollar amounts), thank-you’s, special news, etc. on Facebook throughout the day and evening – keep it fresh and as exciting as possible with different types of messages; *“Share” the organization’s Facebook posts with your personal network on Facebook (if you’re comfortable doing so)
- The day after Give to the Max Day: *Customize your e-mail thank-you message to donors (based on gifts received) and send each message individually; *Remove donors from your full e-mail list, then send a results e-mail to the list (be sure to reference the opportunity to give via the year-end letter drive!)