GiveMN.org is an innovative online resource that is changing the way Minnesotans give and helping create a stronger nonprofit community for Minnesota.
Beginning at 12:01 a.m. this morning, and all day today, Thursday, Nov. 15, every donation you make through GiveMN.org gives your favorite organization the chance to win even more money, including organizations right here in southwest Minnesota!
GiveMN is giving out 24 Golden Tickets ($1,000 prize grants given randomly every hour to one lucky donor), as well as one Super-sized Golden Ticket worth $10,000!
In addition, SWIF will provide two Silver Tickets to our community foundation donors!
Here’s how it works:
- All donors who give to one of SWIF’s 24 Community Foundations’ endowed funds during the 24-hour period will be eligible to have a $500 prize added to their gift, courtesy of matching funds from SWIF.
- Two winners will be selected.
- A $10 gift to your endowment qualifies to the same extent as a $1,000+ gift. In other words, one gift equals one chance.
So, let’s say you make a $20 gift to the Benson Area Community Foundation on GiveMN.org and are selected for a Silver Ticket, it would mean $520 going to the Benson Area Community Foundation!
Check back on this page for the latest numbers in dollars raised by SWIF and its partner funds, as well as announcements about SWIF’s lucky winners first thing tomorrow morning.
Happy giving at www.givemn.org!
Update – 2:39 p.m.
A spirit of giving is in the air!
SWIF’s family of funds has already received more than $6,500 today, and there’s still plenty of time to keep supporting your communities and the causes you care about across the state.
Thanks to all who have supported SWIF and the communities throughout southwest Minnesota with a gift today!
Update – 4:17 p.m.
With just under 8 hours left, we have eclipsed $8,000 in donations to SWIF’s family of funds today. Via 132 very generous gifts, we are well on our way to an incredible Philanthropy Day!
Update – 7:46 p.m.
Approaching four hours to go, and we have exceeded the $10,000 mark in donations. The generosity and passion of southwest Minnesota’s supporters is absolutely inspiring!
Friday Update – The Results are In
The final results are in! Yesterday, a grand total of $13,155 was contributed to SWIF’s family of funds via more than 200 donations. Here’s how some of those numbers break down:
- A total of $3,405 was contributed to the SWIF General Endowment, via 49 gifts.
- The three fund partners who brought in the most money were Clarkfield Area Community Foundation ($1,650), Dawson Community Foundation ($1,310) and BOLD Early Childhood Fund ($1,285) .
- Heron Lake-Okabena Community Foundation (33 donations), Clarkfield Area Community Foundation (22 donations) and BOLD Early Childhood Fund (15 donations) were our top three gift-getters.
And, of course we drew for the two lucky $500 Silver Ticket winners, courtesy of SWIF matching funds. The winners are:
- Chuck Koenigs, whose gave to the Benson Area Community Foundation
- Amy Bang, who gave to the Heron Lake-Okabena Community Foundation
Congratulations, Chuck and Amy!
Thank you so very much to everyone who participated in Give to the Max Day! Together, we made southwest Minnesota and its communities stronger.