Your gift makes southwest Minnesota a great place.
The generous support from the people, businesses and organizations that care about southwest Minnesota is what makes our work possible. You help us organize and support community leaders, invest in businesses, support local charities, help organizations grow and improve, process gifts and grants, share southwest Minnesota stories and promote our region. Thank you!
Make your donation count with SWIF:
- As a public charity and 501(c)(3) organization, gifts are tax deductible to the full extent of the law.
- Professional staff and a variety of tools help you make the impact you want.
- Working directly with you, your financial advisor or both
- Simplifying your giving by handling the administrative processing of gifts and grants
- Providing support to more than 2,900 donors last year, coordinating $2.6 million in gifts and $1.8 million in grants for local causes you care about
Support local charities
Giving can be a powerful way to support the causes and places most important to you and at the same time wisely manage your own resources. It also makes the work of Southwest Initiative Foundation possible, allowing us to support families, businesses and communities who call southwest Minnesota “home.”
“Everyone wants to donate to something that’s doing what they think is the right thing. But you also want to donate to something that’s successful. Because we see every day what Southwest Initiative Foundation has done in our communities, that makes it easy to give. What you’re doing at SWIF is important and we support it.” Rob and Renae Saunders, donors