Southwest Initiative Foundation has a unique opportunity to offer students at southwest Minnesota schools. Students who are color blind are eligible to receive color correction glasses at no cost to their families.
This was made possible through a partnership with the Jones family of Cottonwood, Minn., and EnChroma, a company that makes color correcting glasses. Find out more about what inspired this generosity.
We need your help spreading the word! We have resources that you can share with families to help them identify if their kids have color blindness and want to receive glasses.
- Share the story and that we’re currently working with students at southwest Minnesota schools. Find the story online here.
- Take the color correction assessment online.
- If a need is determined, please use the Color Correction Lens Selection PDF with links to learn about EnChroma’s lenses and identify which ones are right for your child.
- Once you know your child’s needs, complete the online application. Parents will need to have their student’s prescription information if they wear correction lenses.
- If there is a newsletter or other form of parent outreach your school has, we would ask if you could include information about the opportunity. Parents might not be aware of the severity of their child’s color blindness. This is an incredible opportunity to support them.
If you have any questions, please email Laura Curtiss at [email protected].