For years, I dreamed of getting a coach bus and taking the staff on a tour of southwest Minnesota. Many of our staff travel the region on a regular basis but some Hutchinson-based staff miss seeing firsthand the projects we invest in, our communities, the beautiful scenery, the good food and the awesome people, businesses and organizations found in our region.
Well, the dream came true this week! To kick-off our 25-Year Anniversary we closed the office, loaded a bus and toured the southern half of our 18-county region for two days. Check out the whole group pictured just outside of Lake Benton.
I can’t even begin to describe all the awesome things we did in just a few short paragraphs. So for today, I am planting a seed and hoping you will join me in the next few weeks as we share our experiences from this awesome trip.
Also, there are SO many people to thank for making this trip a success but I must start by thanking my own Executive Assistant Nancy Kaping who did a ton of extra work to make it all happen by organizing the tour and taking care of all the details. THANK YOU NANCY!
Stay tuned for stories from…
- Thurston Genetics in Olivia
- Master’s Coffee Shop and Christian Community Outreach Center Olivia
- Suntunka youth program at Birch Coulee battlefield park
- Story and tour of Redwood Falls Community Center
- Lucan Meat Locker
- Brau Haus brewery in Lucan
- Shalom Hills Farm
- Prairie Holdings Group/Newport Labs in Worthington
- Training and Testing Center development in Worthington
- Mini Market Lupita in Worthington
- Historic Palace Theater in Luverne
- Rock County Historical Jail House (now Brandenburg Gallery, Chamber Office and WWII Museum) in Luverne
- Coffee Haus in Luverne
- Tour of Lake Benton Opera House
- Overlook of Lake Benton, wind turbines and Center for Wind Energy on the Buffalo Ridge
- The Schwan Food Company Research and Development Center in Marshall