If you have big ideas and a passion for your community but could use some guidance, you’re in the right place. Growing Local: Emerging Leaders is a leadership education program to support emerging leaders in southwest Minnesota. In partnership with University of Minnesota Extension, we provide tools and resources to build your confidence and empower you to shape the future in places that matter most to you.
We’re looking for aspiring leaders who want to start their leadership journey with us! Applications for Growing Local: Emerging Leaders are open through Feb. 17, 2023. There is no charge to participate in the program.
Who Should Apply?
An emerging leader is someone who is ready to start their leadership journey. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply, especially if you identify as Black, Indigenous, or a Person of color (BIPOC). In addition, you’d make a great applicant if you are looking to:
- Gain confidence in your leadership skills
- Grow your network and broaden your connections
- Be more involved in future boards, commissions or committees
- Build on your work as a changemaker in your own cultural community
- Be 18 years or older at the time of applying
- Be able to speak and read English
- Reside in one of the 18 counties or two Native nations that make up our region: Big Stone, Chippewa, Cottonwood, Jackson, Kandiyohi, Lac qui Parle, Lincoln, Lyon, McLeod, Meeker, Murray, Nobles, Pipestone, Redwood, Renville, Rock, Swift and Yellow Medicine counties; Caŋṡayapi Oyate (Lower Sioux Indian Community) and Peżihutazizi Oyate (Upper Sioux Community).
- Have transportation to and from sessions
- Commit to attending all program sessions and related activities
Program sessions will be a combination of three in-person and three virtual meetings. All participants are required to attend all sessions. Virtual meetings will be about two hours long. The in-person sessions will about three hours long and will be held at locations in southwest Minnesota that are near participants and topic experiences.
The program session dates will be:
- April 27, 2023
- May 23, 2023
- June 27, 2023
- July 25, 2023
- August 22, 2023
- September 26, 2023
Applications open January 9, 2023, and will be accepted through February 17, 2023. Applicants will be notified by February 28, 2023, of their acceptance. There is no charge to participate in the program.
For more information, please contact Khou Lor at (320) 583-6579 or [email protected].Apply Today
This program is a partnership with University of Minnesota Extension.