We’re offering two rounds of grants to support 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations directly serving our southwest Minnesota communities, for work related to the Grow Our Own initiative. The first round deadline is June 1.
One in six kids in southwest Minnesota is living in poverty, and many of these kids will not break out of the cycle because the gap between opportunity and their reality is just too wide. We need to connect the kids to the opportunities here in southwest Minnesota. To do this, we are requesting proposals for grants in the following areas.
Areas of focus:
- Families and Parenting – Opportunities to encourage healthier patterns of family formation and stability for children to focus supports and enable more effective parenting.
- Schools – Mentoring opportunities that build authentic relationships between kids living in poverty and caring adults.
- Neighborhoods and Communities – Inter-generational opportunities to provide wraparound community and school supports. We also look to support events for awareness building and thought leadership directly related to kids living in poverty.
- Career On-Ramps – Providing opportunities for high school students to strengthen linkages between career opportunities and education.
Funding requests of up to $5,000 will be considered. Projects must be completed within 12 months of the grant award date, at which time a final report will be due.
It is our expectation that these funds will help support proven-practice approaches. This is a highly competitive grant program with limited funds available. Not all worthy projects may receive funding.
- Round 1 applications due June 1, 2017
Grants awarded by July 1, 2017
- Round 2 applications due October 2, 2017
Grants awarded by November 15, 2017
View complete details in the RFP below. Visit our grants page for general information.
Interested applicants need to complete our pre-application questionnaire and submit additional questions by 5 p.m. June 1, 2017.
If you know of an organization that would benefit from this grant opportunity, please share it with them![wpdm_package id=9567 template=”53bc15c9e77a4″]