- This event has passed.
June 18, 2014 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Meet with an Attorney – Get Answers
LegalCORPS volunteer lawyers provide brief, no-charge consultations to start-ups or existing businesses. Examples of legal issues in which LegalCORPS attorneys can provide advice and/or assistance:
- Choice of legal form of organization, and formation of organization
- Intellectual property – copyright, trademark, trade name, licensing, patents
- Contracts and commercial leases
- Government regulation
- Risk management
- Real estate
- Director duties and internal organization
- Commercial debtor/creditor rights and options
- Other legal issues not involving participation in litigation
LegalCORPS provides assistance with transactional business matters. It does not provide assistance with litigation, although it can arrange advice and assistance that could prevent litigation.
The business clinics are held at the Southwest Initiative Foundation on the first and third Wednesday of each month. Contact Jenelle Stiras at 800-594-9480, 320-587-4848 or [email protected] to set-up an appointment.