Does it ever seem things are always changing? Just when you think you have one thing figured out, something else comes along, and you have to learn it all over again. I’ll admit I feel technological whiplash from time to time, and I know it can be frustrating.
When we hosted the Community Foundation Portal trainings in October and November, we noted the portal would change in the future. Well, it’s happening already! A few early modifications have been made based on user suggestions and how things are working. A couple of significant changes you will notice are:
- Your board roster is now view-able on your account page. Click on the RELATED tab, and you will see it along with other recent actions.
- A button has been added for entering fundraising proceeds. Proceeds from fundraisers do not receive a tax receipt letter and should be entered using this form.
- You will now receive an email confirmation when you enter and submit a gift. This will give you some peace of mind that the action was completed.
We also need your help with keeping data accurate. When a gift is submitted, it is either tied to an existing contact or creates a new contact in our database. In order to avoid creating duplicate contact records, please do the following:
- Use proper case and not all capital letters.
- Spell out the word “and” instead of using “&”.
- Use typical postal code abbreviations. You can find them online here.
- If there are two names on a check, only enter the first one listed.
And finally, we recommend using Google Chrome as your browser when logging in to the portal for the best functionality. Thanks again for your willingness to try new things, and please don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any other suggestions for improvements.
About the Author: Jeff Vetsch serves as Community Philanthropy Officer at Southwest Initiative Foundation.